In this tutorials, you will learn how to reset amazon rds master user password. You can reset DB master password from AWS console as follows:
Steps to reset AWS RDS master password
- Login to AWS web console interface
- Got to RDS services
- Select the RDS instance which you want to reset DB master password, and click on instance actions and click on modify
- Just entry new password in password input text box. As mention in the below screenshot.
- scroll down and select apply immediately and click continue
- In Next windows, AWS will show you what all changes are being done on select RDS instance
- Once verify it and then modify the DB Instance.
Now, RDS will go to maintenance mode for DB master password reset. It will a few minutes to complete the task RDS status will show available then you can try to connect RDS DB instance with a new password.
These are the simple steps how to reset amazon rds master user password.